Just For Fun~My creative blog for scrapbooking and digital freebies!
If you are in need of a good book you can find one at http://amysbookcollection.blogspot.com/!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Got Books?

I have a real problem. I love books. I have 6 large book cases filled to overflowing and even though I have tons that I havn't even had time to read yet...I keep them coming. Barnes and Noble is my Birthday and my kids Scholastic Book Orders...Christmas! I am sure their teachers think I am such a wonderful mother, buying all those books for my kids. But truth is, I rarely let my kids even pick out a book! Sydney would pick out High School Musical 2 The Novel, Cayden Calculator Magic Tricks...and your very own calculator! No really, I let down my gaurd one time and actually let him order that. I think he maybe turned it on, once. Anderson would order yet another Strange but True, Gross Facts to Share with Your Friends. Nine times out of ten I buy kids books with one person in mind...me. I love young adult literature. Pathetically enough, if my kids pick up the book sometime down the road and read it too I consider it a bonus and it's a good way to justify spending even more money on more books! I love young adult literature. I love reading it, talking about it and loaning it out. I even have a "check out" book where I keep track of each book that has been borrowed from my library. I get a thrill when people call me to see if a book is appropriate for their child or to get my advice on their next "good read." I think I need to get out more.

15 comments:

Jan said...

I am your first baby. I am so excited to have you on board. Now I don't have to call and bug you, I can just comment. Thats how its done. I love the picture of you two as well.

Mattie wanted to read the book Fever 1793. The first thing she asked, Does Amy have that mom, give her a call. I thought it was funny because she really thinks of you as the book library. But I was so excited about her love of reading lately, that we went and bought it. Your such a great example of books and reading and I value your knowledge. Any word about a 5th grade teacher refer?

Amy J. said...

Tell Mattie that she was correct, I do have Fever. Just give me a call about the teacher thing, and how fitting that you are my first since you are my visiting teacher and all.

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

I can't beleive you have a blog. I told my mom that you were going to get a blog soon. I'll come visit back soon.
Bye bye.

Alicia Leppert said...

I can't believe you crossed over to the dark side! (Blogging.) I am so excited. Your post totally cracked me up about your kids' book choices. So true. Can't wait to see what else you have to share with the blogging world.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I have loved your book recommendations. I definately don't read enough.

I think your book cases are an inspiration. I've been thinking a lot lately about "passions" and book are yours, that's wonderful.

I am thrilled you're blogging. It's a wonderful way to share your thoughts and tidbits about family life. I look forward to reading your posts.

Heather said...

Uh, Your blog is cool, it looks way better than mine, maybe you should come over and help me.

rip said...

Yay! I'm so excited! Now if we can get the other two sisters on board, maybe we could do our visiting teaching through blogs! kidding. I like going out with you.

meohmyers said...

FINALLY! So glad you decided to jump on board. Perfect first post for you! People truly won't understand your obsession with books until they see your bookshelves in person. I love that about you!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, and I commend you...no pesky word verification here.

Jodi said...

Yeah Amy!! You're "here!" It's kind of ironic that you decide to join the blogging world when I've been thinking about maybe going private... Which if I do, I'll include you of course!! :) By the way, I'm very impressed with your book collection! :)

Rachel said...

Great blog Amy. I also love your book collection and I always think of you first when I questions something my girls want to read. Thanks for always being so willing to share. I also love your favorite picture of the week. So cute, I love the hat.

Ms. Kristen said...

Yeah for you! Now if we can convince Molly to cross over....it would be a miracle~! I love you and love your book collections!

terramisu said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! So happy that you have joined us! I am looking forward to inspiration from you! You are awesome!

Brenda said...

I have seen your library and was really amazed! Now I know the story of it! I'm excited to get to know you better...Love the picture of the week!!!

Unknown said...

love your love of books. i will have to check out your shelfari bookshelf. im on there too. find me number1sandyplace and give me a friend invite so i can find you too.